Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The 25 Weird Days of Christmas Day 23: "Mumfie's White Christmas"

Oh goodness, you can't understand how happy I am to have found this.  It's available on, last time I checked, every streaming service their is.  Have a little clip:



"The Magic Adventures of Mumfie" was one of my very few "Are you *sure* I didn't dream that?" shows.  I discovered it in college during that strange era when FOX Kids snapped up the rights to a... unique... variety of international animated series, ranging from this, to "Vision of Escaflowne" and "Cyber-Six".  It's very much as I remember, very sweet and soothing, kind of similar to "David the Gnome" with the weirdness of "Dr. Snuggles".  That's a combination I can get behind.

-----

Art of the Day

The Snowbird is totally Mini-Articuno, isn't she?

12.13.15 - Snow Birds