Wednesday, March 11, 2015

"Oh, this looks like fun! A bench!" - Kill, Refurb, Marry Peoplewatching Spots



I'm turning thirty-three for the fourth year in a row tomorrow!  To celebrate, I've got a nice hefty post in mind for whenever I can sit down and write it.  This is not that post.  Instead, here's an interesting topic for today's bloghop: quiet places in Walt Disney World.  Places to stop and recharge from the activity of the rides and shows and angry gulls and little kids running around screaming and adults screaming at their kids and, generally, a lot of angry screaming.

That is to say, I don't want to kill any of these places. We need them.  We need as many as we can get for psychological reasons.  Furthermore, I'd argue that there are, strictly speaking, no bad places in all of Walt Disney World to observe human behavior.  It's just that a lot of times, you're going to be seeing really s**tty human behavior.

But as far as great places to relax and/or peoplewatch, in no particular order:

Your Resort's Lobby - I especially love the Beach Club, Grand Floridian, Wilderness Lodge, and Polynesian for just having a good sit.  (Mind you, I haven't been to the Poly since the beautiful indoor forest was replaced with the Sadness Rock.)

World Showcase - Pick a country.  Odds are good that there's a little-known quiet spot hidden away somewhere.  I especially like the gardens in France and UK, and the galleries in Japan and Morocco.  And, of course, there are the wine tasting rooms...

The Peoplemover - Yes, this is my favorite.  You get a lovely view of Tomorrowland and a nice, long ride.

OK, so I may not have followed the rules to the letter on this one.  Next time, Disney Partners.  Not sure what that means yet; hopefully it's open to interpretation?

-----

Sketch of the Day!

Bears!
1.23.15 - "Bears"